Bako Sahakyan:

Karabakh conflict's resolution is impossible without direct involvement of Nagorny Karabakh in the negotiations, President of the Nagorny Karabakh Republic Bako Sahakyan said at the session of the Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University on occasion of the 20th Independence Anniversary of NKR.

"The mediator-countries share our stand, which has been repeatedly reflected in their statements. Since 1994 Nagorny Karabakh had been a party to the negotiations, but it has lost that status because of the non- constructive position and continuing hysteria of official Baku," he said.

At the same time, he said, the top leadership of Armenia constantly informs the leadership of NKR of the negotiation process, which is not enough, however, for final resolution of the conflict. The NKR
president highlighted that Karabakh has no reason to mistrust Armenia, but the essence of the conflict requires direct involvement of NKR in the resolution process.

Related articles

Editor's choice
News
Borrell tells the European Parliament that the situation in Afghanistan was critical, but the EU will remain engaged

Borrell tells the European Parliament that the situation in Afghanistan was critical, but the EU will remain engaged

Borrell underlined that the European Union will make every effort to support the peace process and to remain a committed partner to the Afghan people. "Of course, we will have to take into account the evolving situation, but disengagement is not an option.  We are clear on that: there is no alternative to a negotiated political settlement, through inclusive peace talks.
Editor's choice
News
Israel’s military operation expanding to seize ‘large areas’ in Gaza Strip

Israel’s military operation expanding to seize ‘large areas’ in Gaza Strip

Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz announced Wednesday a major expansion of military operations in Hamas-run Gaza, saying the army would seize "large areas" of the Palestinian territory. Katz said Israel would bolster its presence in the Gaza Strip to "destroy and clear the area of terrorists and terrorist infrastructure". The operation would "seize large areas that will be incorporated into Israeli security zones", he said in a statement, without specifying how much territory.

Popular

Editor's choice
News
Israel’s military operation expanding to seize ‘large areas’ in Gaza Strip

Israel’s military operation expanding to seize ‘large areas’ in Gaza Strip

Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz announced Wednesday a major expansion of military operations in Hamas-run Gaza, saying the army would seize "large areas" of the Palestinian territory. Katz said Israel would bolster its presence in the Gaza Strip to "destroy and clear the area of terrorists and terrorist infrastructure". The operation would "seize large areas that will be incorporated into Israeli security zones", he said in a statement, without specifying how much territory.