Commonspace
RSS Facebook Home Contacts ENG RUS
Home News Blogs Opinion Library About us
commonspace.eu is a European civil society initiative
in the framework of EPNK, funded by the European Union
 
Caucasus region
Conflicts and Peace
Other news
MonTueWedThuFriSat Sun
     12
345689
101113141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
Caucasus region
Azerbaijan fails to lead OSCE mission to its frontline positions

On May 16, in accordance with the agreement with the authorities of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, the OSCE Mission held scheduled monitoring of the Nagorno-Karabakh and Azerbaijani armed forces' contact-line near the village of Kuropatkino, Martouni region, the NKR Foreign Ministry reports.

From the positions of the NKR Defense Army, the monitoring group comprised Field Assistants of the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office Hristo Hristov (Bulgary) and Irjie Aberle (Czech Republic), as well as representative of the OSCE High-Level Planning Group (HLPG) Major Vitaly Belokon (Russia).

Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office Ambassador Andrzey Kasprzyk (Poland) led the monitoring on the opposite side. The monitoring group included Field Assistant of the OSCE PRCiO Antal Herdich (Hungary) and William Prior (Great Britain), as well as the HLPG representative Colonel Andrey Barashkin (Russia).

No breach of the cease-fire regime was registered during the monitoring. However, the Azerbaijani side did not lead the OSCE mission to its frontline. If fact, the parties monitored from farther distance. From the Karabakh side, representatives of the NKR Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Defense accompanied the monitoring mission.

Print Show/Hide Commentaries (0)
Caucasus region
Read more
Conflicts and Peace
Read more
The bodies of the three Armenian servicemen killed in the downing of a helicopter in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone earlier this month have been retrieved according to sources close to the Ministry of Defence of the self-proclaimed Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. The sources said that this was done during a special operation near the crash site in the no man's land between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces. Gun fire was exchanged during the operation. It is not known if there were any casualties on either side. (source: commonspace.eu with agencies).. A spokesman for the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defence has denied that there has been any Armenian special operation near the helicopter crash site and has described the story as a provocation. (commonspace.eu with agencies).
The bodies of the three Armenian servicemen killed in the downing of a helicopter in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone earlier this month have been retrieved according to sources close to the Ministry of Defence of the self-proclaimed Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. The sources said that this was done during a special operation near the crash site in the no man's land between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces. Gun fire was exchanged during the operation. It is not known if there were any casualties on either side. (source: commonspace.eu with agencies). A spokesman for the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defence has denied that there has been any Armenian special operation near the helicopter crash site and has described the story as a provocation. (commonspace.eu with agencies).
Other news
Read more
© 2014 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. CREATED BY: PRO-SERVICE