Commonspace
RSS Facebook Home Contacts ENG RUS
Home News Blogs Opinion Library About us
commonspace.eu is a European civil society initiative
in the framework of EPNK, funded by the European Union
 
Caucasus region
Conflicts and Peace
Other news
MonTueWedThuFriSat Sun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    
Caucasus region
MP:

Azerbaijan is responsible for impeding the Karabakh peace process, Armen Rustamyan, ARFD parliamentarian, said in the parliament on Monday. 

Rustamyan said that over the last three session of the parliament ARFD had been trying to organize discussion on the draft decision condemning Azerbaijan's stance on the Karabakh conflict. "The statement is a political necessity, for Azerbaijan organizes large-scale anti-Armenian propaganda and distorts the essence of the Karabakh conflict. Mexico recognized the incidents on Khojalu as "genocide committed by Armenians," while we do nothing to put an end to that policy," he said.

For his part, Parliament Speaker Samvel Nikoyan said: "I welcome the provisions in the text of the given statement and I am sure all the members of the parliament agree with them. We can use it as a useful foreign political instrument. But, I think it should be adopted in more convenient time. It is not the very moment for that." Nikoyan suggested operating in cooperation with the foreign political department and taking more efficient steps in this given direction.

The draft decision "On Azerbaijan's responsibility for transformation of the Karabakh problem into an armed conflict, distortion of its essence and impeding the peaceful negotiations" provides for declaring official Baku responsible for aggressive statements, anti-Armenian calls and actions, refusal from the crimes committed. This is what impedes the negotiation process, the draft decision reads.

Print Show/Hide Commentaries (0)
Caucasus region
Read more
Conflicts and Peace
Read more
The bodies of the three Armenian servicemen killed in the downing of a helicopter in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone earlier this month have been retrieved according to sources close to the Ministry of Defence of the self-proclaimed Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. The sources said that this was done during a special operation near the crash site in the no man's land between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces. Gun fire was exchanged during the operation. It is not known if there were any casualties on either side. (source: commonspace.eu with agencies).. A spokesman for the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defence has denied that there has been any Armenian special operation near the helicopter crash site and has described the story as a provocation. (commonspace.eu with agencies).
The bodies of the three Armenian servicemen killed in the downing of a helicopter in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone earlier this month have been retrieved according to sources close to the Ministry of Defence of the self-proclaimed Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. The sources said that this was done during a special operation near the crash site in the no man's land between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces. Gun fire was exchanged during the operation. It is not known if there were any casualties on either side. (source: commonspace.eu with agencies). A spokesman for the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defence has denied that there has been any Armenian special operation near the helicopter crash site and has described the story as a provocation. (commonspace.eu with agencies).
Other news
Read more
© 2014 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. CREATED BY: PRO-SERVICE