Commonspace
RSS Facebook Home Contacts ENG RUS
Home News Blogs Opinion Library About us
commonspace.eu is a European civil society initiative
in the framework of EPNK, funded by the European Union
 
Caucasus region
Conflicts and Peace
Other news
MonTueWedThuFriSat Sun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    
Caucasus region
Head of Karabakh NGO:

The meeting of the Russian, Armenian and Azerbaijani presidents in Sochi was not a routing meeting, Albert Voskanyan, Head of Karabakh NGO Center for Cilvil initiatives, told ArmInfo when commenting on the statement adopted by the three presidents in Sochi on Jan 25 2012.

"Indeed, that meeting could not settle all the disputable issues, but it was a step forward in the way to reconciliation of the peoples given the readiness of the Armenian and Azerbaijani presidents to continue the negotiations, stop military rhetoric, and develop humanitarian contacts," Voskanyan said.

At the same time, Voskanyan came out for involvement of the Karabakh party in the negotiations. "There is a full-fledged power system in NKR and the official Stepanakert should be directly involved in the peace talks," he said.

Albert Voskanyan made a point of the statement of the presidents on the necessity of introducing mechanisms of inquiry into incidents on the front line to prevent ceasefire breach and deaths.

Print Show/Hide Commentaries (0)
Caucasus region
Read more
Conflicts and Peace
Read more
The bodies of the three Armenian servicemen killed in the downing of a helicopter in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone earlier this month have been retrieved according to sources close to the Ministry of Defence of the self-proclaimed Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. The sources said that this was done during a special operation near the crash site in the no man's land between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces. Gun fire was exchanged during the operation. It is not known if there were any casualties on either side. (source: commonspace.eu with agencies).. A spokesman for the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defence has denied that there has been any Armenian special operation near the helicopter crash site and has described the story as a provocation. (commonspace.eu with agencies).
The bodies of the three Armenian servicemen killed in the downing of a helicopter in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone earlier this month have been retrieved according to sources close to the Ministry of Defence of the self-proclaimed Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. The sources said that this was done during a special operation near the crash site in the no man's land between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces. Gun fire was exchanged during the operation. It is not known if there were any casualties on either side. (source: commonspace.eu with agencies). A spokesman for the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defence has denied that there has been any Armenian special operation near the helicopter crash site and has described the story as a provocation. (commonspace.eu with agencies).
Other news
Read more
© 2014 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. CREATED BY: PRO-SERVICE